Sunday, January 03, 2016

So I've Done It....

I've order a treadmill. After copious amounts of research - I hope it'll have been worth it - I finally decided to take the plunge. It's not a full on commercial unit but it's a significant jump above the low end stuff. It got good reviews from runners - hope I've not fallen for some of those dodgy fake review sites... With a top speed of 22kph and a 4.0hp motor it should see me okay for any speed interval I'll ever be capable of nowadays. That equates to a 65s for 400m - I should say at this point, I have run a 59s 400m but that was a single, one off lap to see what I could do - and not to mention over ten years ago. So a speed of 65s per 400m should be fine for reps for me these days ;-)

Anyway, more of the same today. Added an extra rep to the row intervals, six by 1 minute. Back to a straight forward 2k row tomorrow. I obviously followed that with the bike, abs etc.. I'm really beginning to feel the habit forming. There's no hint of 'oh well, I suppose I must...' - at least not yet anyway. No, at the moment it's more, 'is it time to hit the gym yet?'....

No comments:

Post a Comment