Friday, January 22, 2016

Operation Treadmill...

...Very similar to operation Treadstone but without the superhuman assassins... Okay, it's nothing like that.

As you might have guessed, the treadmill has finally arrived - but not without a slight hiccup. The delivery lorry was too big for the lane - doh. The driver phoned to say he couldn't get up the lane and joked about whether I had a spare van knocking around. Luckily for me I did as we'd have been scuppered without it as the treadmill is bastard heavy. So heavy I've strained my back slightly putting it all together and heaving it around.

Anyway, I couldn't wait to have a go and plodded to a very slow 4.5km while trying to calibrate my garmin footpod so I can capture the training more accurately. After that I finished with a short bike session but no ab-crunches as it put too much strain on my aching back.

Tomorrow I'm going to put together a more structured training plan...


No comments:

Post a Comment