Saturday, May 02, 2015

Old Staple-edge Wood Does For Me Again...

As in last years Caddihoe Chase from the Old Staple-edge Wood, I failed to finish again. I'm beginning to think those woods are cursed...

I was actually going quite well till control 24 at which point it all went south - looking at my gps I can see it should've gone east but I was in trees with the rough open to the west - exactly where the control should have been in relation tree to rough open. I reckon a map update is in order as the trees have grown up.

Anyway, having wasted loads of time and having still not found it, my sense of humour completely failed me and, after a few expleetives to release the anger, I headed back to the car park thoroughly pissed off - and it rained.

I hope Monday's orienteering will not see me swearing in the middle of a forest...

No comments:

Post a Comment