Sunday, January 18, 2015

Orange Should Be The Colour Of The Orienteer...

Hell I am knakered after that infernal brown course. I covered just over 11km with 1500ft of ascent, made a few mistakes - including a five minute clueless moment - but overall I navigated alright.

I was a long time out there though. 106 long minutes in fact but I wasn't last. And remember, only the experts - or hardcore idiots - run the brown course - I think we know which category I fall into...

After everyone was back in I headed back out to collect nine of the controls, covering a further 3km. Fact:- carrying nine control thingies - I think that's the official orienteering term - is a) quite a handful and b) quite arm ache inducing.

Was a good day out using a good new map, covering a sizeable area so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Coopers Hill...

No comments:

Post a Comment