Monday, July 14, 2014

Unfortunately It Wasn't Full...

So it looks like I'm off to run the Borrowdale fell race at the start of August - bloody lucky me! My entry arrived this morning. I have just nineteen days to hone my fitness and speed, oh, and strength, come to think of it, I could do with a bit of improvement on my ascending as well. On the plus side, I think I should be okay on the descent as borne out by my splits from the Pen y Fan race. I think I have the stamina for it at least. I might not go quick these days but I can still go long - ssh, no, stop it. The one thing that is not in doubt is that it's going to be a tough one.

It's been a couple of years since I reccied the route and even then I didn't do the entire thing. A look at the map might well be in order. Having said that, I'll be heading up Wednesday night before or early Thursday so I might go for a few short, slow reccies of a few of the easily accessible bits. And I guess I need to sort out a few locations to stay. In the end I might actually have to book a campsite for once - almost unheard of for me! Any suggestions?

So, to tonight and I am resting. I've an extremely important race tomorrow night and I need to be fully recovered from the weekend. To be fair I'm not actually feeling too bad. By tomorrow I should be firing on all of my 0.17 cylinders...

No comments:

Post a Comment