Saturday, July 12, 2014

One Down, One To Go

It was a sparkling day - to start with at least. The tops disappeared into the mist half an hour from the start but the rain held off until much later in the day.

It wasn't my greatest ever race but I performed in the ballpark I expected. I did not ascend very well, resorting to walk jog walk jog but I got to the summit - eventually and a lot slower than the last time.

The descent was better, managing to approach somewhere near my previous races. It will be interesting to compare my splits and positions for the ascent and descent. I could be top twenty in one - and a long way from that in the other...

So that's one down, one to go but my legs are feeling it from the crashing descent. Maybe they'll recover... Bring on Fan y Big tomorrow - ooh matron, sounds a bit rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment