Thursday, November 21, 2013

Curious Incident Of The Run In The Night-time

Well work had me worried for a moment but it all worked out in the end. I managed to get to the night race in plenty of time. And I'm glad I did. It was great fun. Just my sort of thing. Right up my alley - ooh, matron. Okay, I think I'll stop there.

It was a great route. Two laps of three miles through the wonderful Forest of Dean. Two thirds was on muddy meandering single track. The rest on forestry trails. And it was surprisingly Hilly.

I got held up a little bit on the first lap in the first mile but after that things spread out and I was able to use my death defying powers of mentalness to really go for it amongst the tree roots. I lost my footing a couple of times but recovered without falling on my arse.

I finished 10th from what I heard was ninety starters. Pleased with that. I honestly don't think I would have run it any faster in the day light. I could get to like night running...

No comments:

Post a Comment