Friday, May 24, 2013

The Plan Is Set

The forecast for Saturday and Sunday look similar. It's always going to be a bit of a gamble but because it's bloody freezing today I'm thinking it can't get any colder for tomorrow or Sunday can it? So I've decided I'm going to head up to Snowdonia tomorrow afternoon after I kick ass in the Cwmdu Fell - okay, there won't really be ass kicking, well, not by me anyway. Cwmdu is a replacement for the Myndd Troed fell race. Covering much of the same route but starting and finishing, funnily enough, at Cwmdu and only going up Myndd Troed once. At ten miles and 3,000 feet of ascent it'll be a good test.

This is pretty much my last chance to recce the route off Crib Goch for the Welsh 3000s before the race. I'm planning to head up the Pyg Track, over Ugain and to the summit of Crib Goch. Then I'll retrace my steps to Bwlch Coch and down....... Then it'll be a case of finding a way down to the road before heading up to Glyder Fawr, across to Glyder Fach and back down. I might throw in a loop of Tryfan down the scree from GF but I'll see how I feel at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment