Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Cat Burglar

Well I was in to work early to avoid the traffic on the drive in - and apparently stayed too long. By the time I came to leave I'd been forgotten and the porta-cabin locked - with my stuff and more importantly, car keys still inside. From the window I could see the key to the cabin hanging on the hook next to the door - not a lot of use there. Working at a site in the middle of nowhere I was, to say the very least, in a bit of a pickle. That was, of course, before I turned to cat burglary. 'Jiggling' the window latch with a bit of wire from the outside I was luckily able to release it . Then it was just a case of jumping up to grab hold the top ledge of the cabin, pulling myself up and in through the now open window. Result and with my keys regained I was able to exit stage left for the drive home...

Taking a rest day today with an easy something planned for tomorrow so I'm rested for 'the long one' on Saturday. The mountain forecast looks 'poor' - read hail and thunder moving in through the day! Let's just hope the forecasters are as 'brilliant' as they usually are...

No comments:

Post a Comment