Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What Am I Going To Put Myself Through...

With just seventeen days till the Peris Horseshoe race I need a miracle. A miracle of training that is. I am buoyed by the weekends work but seventeen days is not long in this game. Anyway, I'm going to head up to Long Mynd on Sunday for the Long 'O'. There's a range of courses on offer starting at 6k with an estimated winning time of 90 minutes all the way up to 16k with it's 160 minute estimate!!! Me being me - I think we can see where this is going - is obviously in for the longest of the 'O's. I've missed the pre-entry but I've emailed the organiser and she reckons there should be room...

Matthew and Pat will get their revenge over me for last years Lake District Mountain Trial. I'm not able to run that event this year so it's only fair I give them the chance to shoot me down.

What ever the outcome of our friendly rivalry - for despite my recent poor form and fitness I will be giving my best shot, no holds barred - it will be good preparation for what's to come. The terrain of the Long Mynd is rough and hilly. The optimum route is reckoned to contain around 3,000 feet of ascent. I'm guessing I'll be a ways off the optimum so that'll mean more for me. it's going to be a tough event and I reckon I need to get an early start time. I think I will definitely need to coerce the pair of them into leaving home early for the drive up. Should be a good one.

With this weekend sorted I just need to find something for the weekend after and then it's the big one...

No comments:

Post a Comment