Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Sorry, I'm Not Going Out In This...

But having booked tomorrow off work - why did I think the weather would be good? - I shall be heading out somewhere come what may. To be fair the forecast looks on the cusp. It could be a wet one. There's an equal chance it'll be dry but more likely as not it'll be a mix of the two although I don't expect to see the sun. I want to try somewhere in the region of 25km and I'd rather run somewhere new to me but a loop rather than an out and back. Guess I need to puruse my myriad of maps...

Tonight, with the shitty weather, I put in a really solid bike session. With the resistance cranked and the rpm up at eighty the old girl began to creak. From the sounds she was making tonight I thing I'm going to have to trade her in for a newer model - I am, of course talking, about the exercise bike - why, what were you thinking? I even did a little research as I pounded the pedals and found a beauty but she was way out of my league. Internet connected via your PC you can race others from around the world over a range of virtual routes, the magnetic resistance varying as the virtual route heads up and down the hills. Looked like a fab bit of kit but back to reality, I shall be looking at a few lower cost options...

No comments:

Post a Comment