Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Kingdom For A Run

Finally, thirteen days after having last run - some might dispute that said last 'run' was little more than a walk at the Saunders - I got out for a run. It was fairly pitiful though. Scratch that, it was totally pitiful. I had to stop on a couple of inclines that I normally cruise. That said it was quite a hilly route - then again, it's hard not to be at least a little hilly round here - but it wasn't very long, just over 5k (and 350ft ascent). It took me half an hour - boo. Pitiful but I've got to start somewhere.

I really need to just get out there day after day, little and often until I build the mileage back up. I really felt the slowest and most unfit that I've been since I started running ten years ago. Mustn't be too hard on myself but it really has to get a lot better. As I am now I can't even entertain the Brecon Beacons race or the Black Mountains. I've got time if I work hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment