Sunday, June 03, 2012

Feeling A Little Off

The heat and the effort have taken their toll. Feeling a little off today. Difficult to nail down exactly what's wrong. Just don't feel quite right. Suffice to say I have been resting. No training today. My quads are wrecked but over all my legs feel better than I thought they would.

So what's a guy to do when he's resting up? Why create a new website of course. To that effect, I've registered fellrunningroutes.org.uk. I'm going to slowly add the routes and race details of fell races as I run them. My back catalogue may take a time to post up but little by little I will add them. I want to build a resource for fell runners. A one stop shop for routes, checkpoints, gps tracks, parking, campsites and other general information. The driver for this project was the difficulty in finding the relevant information for the Ennerdale race. I can't believe in this day and age the lack of readily available online information. I know fell running is an ancient sport but it too can get with the digital age.

Hopefully fellrunningroutes.org.uk will fill a gap and provide a valuable service to fell runners everywhere. I have a feeling it's going to be a long road but the journey to a full catalogue begins with a single race....

No comments:

Post a Comment