Wednesday, May 02, 2012

To Go Fly A Kite?

Up to the highest height? Well I'm thinking about it. The kite, in this case, is the Red Kite Challenge on Saturday. An 11.5 mile challenge over Aberystwyth way. It is, of course, compulsory to follow that race with Sunday's sister race, Ras y Diafol. An 18 mile follow up. It's considered, by many, to be rude to run one without the other and from previous results it looks like there is usual 20-30 runners who aren't rude. It'll be a bit of a travel but if the weather looks reasonable I may give it a crack. Suffice to say, I won't be going if it's too wet. I shan't be camper-vanning it if I going to get soaked to the skin - call me wimpy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I was going to find an article on flying a kite here, but seems not :)

Why is it called the Red Kite Challenge? (Just wondering.)

The Mad Runner said...

Sorry :-) I do go a bit odd ball on my post titles! and I believe the race is so named because there is a large Red Kite population in the area.

Post a Comment