Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy With That

Not my fastest Llanbedr to Blaenafon fell race but it was inside 2 hours 40 so I can accept that for the 15.4 mile route with 5,000 feet of ascent. I think it actually might have been my slowest! But I was able to give a smile reaching the top of the Blorenge where a grimace is more normally seen.

Conditions were much cooler than of late. Some might say it was down right chilly out there - and I'd be one of 'em but once you were running it was actually pretty good weather for it. I took things steady from the get go and that's pretty much where things stayed. It was more my whole body tiredness that held me back today. I don't really feel like I've run anywhere near hard enough. My body doesn't ache with the normal post fell race fatigue. It's more just a general kind of fatigue. I just plain felt tired out there.

Under the circumstances my 16th place in 2:38:08 was really quite acceptable - although it did allow Mr L to notch one up. No doubt Mrs L will follow suit in tomorrow's Forest of Dean Half Marathon...

Going to finish off tonight with half an hour on the bike, low resistance, just to try and get the blood flowing and maybe prepare the legs for tomorrow's battle. Certainly going to be heading to the land of nod early to try and get some much needed sleep...


Llanbedr to Blaenafon Fell Race Route...

No comments:

Post a Comment