Saturday, January 07, 2012

No Go

And I didn't. I awoke to the funky beat of my alarm clock but knew instantly that running in the cool winter air would wreck my still sore throat. I am disappointed. It strikes as a massive psychological blow and I feel a bit fed up. I really wanted to do something mad - but not at the expense of making things worse. All being well it will feel better tomorrow and I can get out for a run but it won't quite be the same. Maybe I'll head over to Llanbedr if I feel up to it.

Anyway, with spare time on my hands, I have turned my attention to the van conversion. I didn't actually get out into the cold to work on it, it's been more a day of planning. I've measured up and order the foam for the seat/mattress and the auxiliary items I need for that. I've also ordered up the replacement internal lighting - fancy, low power, high luminosity led ones - and I've worked out how I'm going to ply the roof to maximise the height while still allowing for some insulation. I'm going to try and get that done over the next few weeks and then I can look to upholster it all before finally making a start on the cooking and storage area.

And one final thing, I've just put in my entry for the Forest of Dean Half Marathon - which just happens to fall the day after the Llanbedr to Blaenafon fell race - excellent double header weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment