Sunday, January 29, 2012

End Of The Weekend

It's not often I post twice in one day! but I'm bored...

I've been looking at my race schedule and at the moment - like old mother hubbard and her cupboard - it's pretty bare. Having thumbed the FRA calendar I'm looking at entering the Three Peaks race at the end of April. A long way to go for a race but I reckon it would fit well with the South Wales Traverse training. Then up, the following weekend, the Great Lakeland 3 Day - if only I could take that week off work and stay up north all week - but that can't happen. Still interested though. At three x 26 miles per day without any pressure, that would be good training for the Traverse. To which, it's now looking highly likely that I'm going to take my second crack at it on the weekend of June 2nd to 5th. The long bank holiday weekend, finishing on the Tuesday - cheers Queenie - should give me the best options for selecting the best day according to the weather - I am not going to set out in shit conditions like last time - lesson learnt. By aiming for that weekend the above race and event would fit well. I'm on the cusp of entering...

No comments:

Post a Comment