Sunday, December 11, 2011

Good Job

I was up surprisingly early for a Sunday. First things first, a strong cup of black coffee. That consumed it was back to the van. I wanted to get the end pieces on the bed-bench and then to attach the toggle clamps to fix it in place so it won't move around when we're out on our travels.

With the addition of the end ply pieces the whole rigidity of the bench has gone up a notch. All that's left to do to complete the bed-bench is the upholstery - and the mattresses but that can wait a bit. To that end I've been busy browsing the net for some cheap van upholstery stuff - it doesn't exist, or, more likely I can't find any - any that's cheap, that is. I really don't want to spend a fortune. At the end of the day it's mostly cosmetic after all. It's not like Vera is ever going to win any beauty contests. She's never going to be the finished article. She just needs to be functional with a few comforts. A friend told me to search 'trunk liner/lining' but that didn't hit the spot. In the end I've settled for some cheap - or as I like to call it, low cost - hard wearing stretch denim. It might not be the done thing but I reckon it'll finish the walls, roof and furnishings OK - and most importantly, it was low cost.

I'll do some training later but for now it's time for the gallery, work in progress...


End ply pieces attached...


Toggle clasps fitted...

Bed extended...

Another view from the inside...

And finally, with the bed retracted...




No comments:

Post a Comment