Saturday, July 30, 2011

Well There Comes A TIme...

in the day when the blog must written and that time is now.

On the whole, it's been quite a relaxing day although I've not been sat on my arse for all of it - straight up guvnor. I started the day with a massive lie in. Yup, I pulled a 10:30er. OK, so that's not massive by student standards but for a professional such as my self, that's huge. Then it was baking time. I knocked together a nice bit of rosemary and herb bread ready for lunch - but what later turned out to be dinner. That done it was into the garden for a bit of a tidy. Then it was over to the recycling centre - I love the way they call them 'recycling centres' nowadays. I know they do recycle stuff - and most of the stuff I took across did indeed go into the recyclables - but in my day - god I sound old - we just called it the 'tip'. "I'm taking the rubbish to the tip"...

Anyway, then it was into the office for a bit of paper-chasing - you know how it is. Before finally firing up the frying pan with olive oil to then fry off red onion, bell peppers, chilli, garlic and tomato. Then in went a drop or two of balsamic vinegar - yeah, finally got to use it - before toasting off the earlier baked rosemary bread and topping with the mixture - there's got to be a nicer, more professional sounding word than 'mixture'? Cue a final sprinkle of balsamic and a bit of black pepper over the top and there it was, a lovely fresh plate of stuff - accompanied, of course, with a glass of chilled white wine. Oooh, yeah, that hit the spot...

All set now for a relaxing evening before the frickin' early start required tomorrow for the drive down to Minehead and the Seaview 17. I go there full on with the intention of claiming the top spot. I'm fitter than last year's 7th place and despite the recent dip in form and loss of mojo, I go there fully fired to win...

No comments:

Post a Comment