Friday, April 01, 2011

You'd Think I'd Rest

Ahead of a tough race. Yeah, you'd think but oh no, not me. No I go for a lunch run and then half an hour on the bike. Stupid boy.

I really felt drained after the run. To be fair, I felt pretty darned drained during the run. 33:30 for the Dundry loop ain't pretty. Though I honestly felt I was going to close to thirty five minutes so in a way, 33:30 was a result. I almost stopped on the hill but I don't do giving in and just kept plugging away until I hit the summit. From there I took it easy all the way home - wee, wee, wee?

I've had two races already this week and both have been season best's. To me though, running on empty is all good practice for what I will encounter on the 28th May. So long as I avoid injury [touches head] the tough schedule won't do me any harm. I'm sure there are many that would frown on my training technique but I'm of the 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' school and so far, I can't complain. I'm not dead and if I'm not there already, I'm damn close to being the fittest I've ever been. Certainly not the fastest. Speed means nothing to me - oh, Vienna. But fit? You bet your ass baby.

Bring on tomorrow's race. I'll not win but I'll try f^%king hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment