Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tri-hard

Lunch was a bit of a binge - at least for me, by my standards, it was. As always, the sister-in-law put on a great spread at the barbie. It was all a little too more-ish - as I went back for more, and a little more and... Anyway, not to put too fine a point on it, there were no bees and I didn't have a bonnet, make a little birdhouse in your soul - darn it's all gone a little weird, must be too much sun - to wit, I had some serious exercising ahead of me to burn off the excesses of lunch.

I started with an hour on the bike. The legs felt heavy and I felt the odd twinge from my hamstrings but nothing too bad. Then it was pushups and situps to hone the 'abs of steel' - happy to report they're coming along nicely, be ready in time for Butlins... Then it was a 2k row, in a fairly slow 8 minutes and 45 seconds. And then, in a final, over the top, dodging the bullets, push towards the enemy lines, I got through the front door and into the fresh air for what turned out to be a 6km run in an appallingly slow 34 minutes - although to be fair, it did have 650 feet of ascent. Happily there were no further twinges from the hamstrings and by the end of the run I was cruising at fairly high speed.

I tried a new route tonight, up to the Hobbs Quarry via the Church, looped around through the woods and came back via a different path across the fields. It was a lovely little run, with enough hilly bits to put it down on the list of runs to do again. So with the days three cardio discipline's complete I can relax, feet up and scare myself with the Walking Dead later tonight on Five. Been a good day.

Today's run:-

No comments:

Post a Comment