Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Should Have

but I didn't. During the drive home I ummed. I also ahhed. Should I? Would I? In fact, could I? As it turns out, I could ... but I didn't. That may be a mistake as I hear that the weather is on the turn. No more ladies wearing very little - which is a shame. Hopefully the milder, possibly damper weather won't last long and then we can get back to admiring the lovely views...

Anyway, with the umming and ahhing complete by the time I arrived home I embarked on a bike session and a row - but not concurrently - with some ab-crunches thrown in at the end for good measure. That all went OK but in light of the 'change' I think I should really have got out for a run to make the most of the sunny spring evening. Oh well, I can't turn back the hands of time. Funny, funny how time goes by and blessings are missed in the wink of an eye, why oh why oh why should one have to go on suffering - just kidding, there's no more suffering going on here, move along, nothing to see.

Looking forward to the weekend I've only one race, Chepstow's Offa's Orra on Sunday morning, a fairly short 12 mile hilly thing - so it won't be too taxing. It is a good race if you're interested. Starts out from Tintern, near the Abbey goes up a bit, a long a bit, down a bit and then back - a bit. Aside from the race, I need to give some thought to Saturday's run. The schedule says I need to run something in the region of 25 to 30 miles - gonna be an all day'er so I need to make sure I plan properly. Time to start experimenting with protein intake during the run. I'm getting used to carb'ing during the run, now got to get the protein issues right...

No comments:

Post a Comment