Monday, April 11, 2011

After The Work Is Done...

You go for a run. For the first time in yonks - what is the official definition of a yonk? I don't think it's an official SI unit of time, but I might be wrong - anyway, for the first time in yonks I managed to shift my arse out the door after the drive home. First off though, I chopped the veg, spiced sauce and lobbed the casserole in the oven. Then I ran.

A nice steady trot through Flaxley woods in the fading light of the evening sun was just what the doctor ordered. The blue bells were out. The birds were singing but other than me, not another soul was stirring. I covered the five and a half miles in a slow 46 minutes. But by god it was nice to be out there - especially knowing a nice bit of healthy grub would be waiting for me upon my return - I was hoping someone would call by with some decent food, failing that there would be my stew.

Going to finish off the nights training without a half hour ease down on the bike and watch the Gadget Show - could it be any better? Yeah, on second thoughts, don't answer that, it might upset me...

No comments:

Post a Comment