Saturday, January 08, 2011

Today I Have Been Mostly Running

At just under seven hours - yes, you read correct - that pretty much most of the day. In fact, I took my head torch because the last hour or so was in the dark. Made navigation fun across the fields, foot paths and the forest. Still I mostly knew my way on that last section. Made it home safe and sound.

So, to expand a little. I raced over at Monmouth this afternoon. A short race up to the Kymin with lovely views over Monmouth. Just over 4 miles and 1,200 feet of ascent. OK, so that didn't take me close to seven hours - that was a mere 37 minutes. No, it was the 16 miles with 2,600 feet of ascent from home to Monmouth - and then of course, the 15 miles with 2,800 feet of ascent back home afterwards. I like to keep my carbon footprint down. Why the difference, that would be down to taking slight detours here and there.

Total mileage today, 35 miles!!!! 6,600 feet ascent. I am a little knackered. Time for pizza.....

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Now that's what I call a decent run!

Sorry I've commented for ages but still read your blog!

Happy New Year and all the best for 2011.

Post a Comment