Saturday, January 01, 2011

It Started With A Win

Never thought it would come to this...

OK, not exactly a 'win' but I did win a couple of bars of chocolate for 8th place in my very first orienteering competition. I'm well pleased. It's the first time I've ever won anything running related. To be fair I had some major help from Pat W and Sasha. Didn't have a clue what all the symbols on the instruction sheet meant but who cares, I had a blast. Bloody brilliant fun - for those that count running your guts out for an hour as fun.

In all I covered about 8.5km and 1,000 feet during the event. I say, 'during the event' because I also covered 13km and 1,200 feet of ascent on the run from my house to the start, at Mallards Pike, and then I also covered another - can you guess? - 13km and 1,200 feet of ascent running back home again. So I've kicked off the new year with 34.5km and 3,400 feet of ascent. So far - and we are only 14 hours in - 2011 has been bloody brilliant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment