Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The End

Well the end has come. Came home to an empty house. The final sadness. I knew it had to come and maybe the sudden shock (and a few tears) will bring some peace in time. I'm getting some good support from Bubbly Office Lady - our Jules, at work - and in time I will come good. The finality has hit home like thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening me, Galileo, Galileo.

Today I strode out with Martin for the tougher, anti-clockwise route - with the one long climb verses the clockwise with the climb split into two sections. We left it to fate to decide - this year she's being bitch - flipped a coin and it came up tails - bastard.

I was shit. I have to admit I've not had much appetite the last few days and it's left me weakened. On the climb I really felt the weakness and by the top it would almost have been faster to walk but I didn't. I finished in 31:49 - not my slowest. In fact, upon studying my records, it's only 15s down on my fastest of the year over the anti-clockwise version. So the fact it felt so rubbish ends up being not too bad.

Tonight I have eaten better. Still don't really have the appetite but I need to keep my strength up for Saturday's Muggle.

I've booked myself a long weekend break mid November to go get hammered with a few friends - so that clear the cob webs.

No comments:

Post a Comment