Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Biggest Loser

Been out for eight and a half miles up to May Hill. That's 1,800 feet of ascent. Still feel angry. Still gutted. Still upset. Never have I felt more of a loser. I took the road route up as far as it goes before the last bit to the trig and over the top before heading to Huntley wood and Hobbs Quarry. Didn't stop once. Never done that, especially on the two mile slog to May Hill. It's surprising how much strength you get from anger. What a way to find out. A computer wallpaper. I feel like punching a whole through a wall. The hour on the bike afterwards hasn't done the trick either. The turmoil still burns within. I knew in my heart it was over. I don't want it to be. But this new crushing blow? The dust has barely settled. Mr good guy must go. Mr Nice must be consigned to the history books. They only ever finish last.

No comments:

Post a Comment