Monday, June 07, 2010

A scintillating cycle it ain't

This week is a total taper week. I want to be totally rested for the weekends challenge but tonight was a good bike session never the less. I felt a good burn by the end.

The more I think about long distance challenges the more I think they're going to suit me. My days of slogging mile reps, four hundreds and other quick stuff are behind me - to be fair I haven't really done any of that stuff for a while now anyway. But that's not to say I won't have a change of heart - in the words of Sean Connery, 'Never say never again'. It's just that if it comes to a choice of mile reps verses a nice five hour run in the mountains I know where my money is - at least at the moment. There's nothing quite like it for taking your mind off the stresses and strains of life.

Oh, and just one more thing, I've got my entry in for Minehead's Seaview 17 in July and their Exmoor Stagger in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment