Monday, May 10, 2010

A new leaf

I haven't managed to get out for a run on a Monday evening for ages - and looking back over my records, I really mean ages. I had a long day at work, finishing gone five having started sub eight but was in determined mood. I gave myself a few an hour's rest before heading up over Dundry.

I started steady and after a few minutes ground out the first and longest, steepest climb. By the top either I hadn't pushed very hard or I'm lots fitter than the last time I headed up - I'm suspecting the former. I cruised along the top before starting to pick the pace up on the way back. I felt I was treading out pretty strongly in the last couple of k's. Although a bit down on my best - read several minutes - it felt pretty easy. There is more to come.

There is only five weeks to go till the LAMM so I can't afford to waste any time. If all goes well in the LAMM - ie, I survive - always an advantage - I'm going to set myself a long distance challenge. I've threatened this many times and for the last few years I've not been fit enough but I'm going to get myself fit and go for one.

Tonight's run;

No comments:

Post a Comment