Thursday, April 01, 2010

Cotswold run

I pulled a flexi half this afternoon. It was meant to be a lunch time run - but it went on a bit. I was out of the office in the morning and decided to have a go on the Cotswolds during my break. In the end, I was out there in the rain - and hail - running about eleven miles with 1,700feet of ascent in the vicinity of the Haresfield Beacon. There were some cracking views to be had - or rather there would have been had the weather not been quite so rubbish.

By the time I got back to the car I was flippin' soaked, not to mention frozen. It was a good run despite all that and sets me up for a fine weekend of training.

We hope to get out for a long run in the Brecon Beacons (or Black Mountains) and I want to run at least one other hour plus session - as well as the Corndon race on Easter Monday. It's going to be a long weekend....

Here's today's route;

No comments:

Post a Comment