Sunday, April 25, 2010

Breaking Brecons

Pat W is running the South Wales Traverse in a few weeks and Helen and I tagged along on his recce for a long run. We ran the section of the route from the Storey Arms to somewhere past Talybont.

I have to put my hands up right at the outset and admit I had to cut things short and take a shortened route back to the car - I could nay take it captain, the dilithium crystals were overloading - read the legs were a little bit knackered. In all I covered 17 miles with 4,500 feet of ascent while Helen and Pat hit 20 miles and somewhere near 5,000+ feet.

It was a shitty day for a recce. The cloud was down, drizzling and wearing glasses meant visibility was rubbish. The sun did finally make an appearance in the last hour of the four and a half hour ordeal. Shouldn't grumble though. All in all it was an enjoyable day and certainly good training for the LAMM. I've run 26 miles and 6,000 feet of ascent this weekend. It's good to be free of cough, colds and over little niggles at last.

Today's route;

No comments:

Post a Comment