Monday, January 18, 2010

Lies, Damn Lies - and Statistics

The results of yesterday's race are in - and I do believe that's my best result of the year so far. Hang on, that's my only result of the year so far - doh. Technically it still is my best though. What I really mean is my best result for frickin' ages.

I've been doing some stats - as you do - using the 'compare your time to the average of the top five as a percentage' method. And it goes like this;

My Blorenge was poor at under 80% - and no, I'm not going to give out quite how much below, suffice to say it was above 70% but that's as far as I'll go. Then the Cardington Cracker, where I had a good run, weighed in at 82.3%. I had a good race there, improving by a lot on my previous run there, but the percentage ain't great. Mind you, looking back at last years South Wales Hill Series I didn't get much more than 80% so that puts Cardington in a better light. And then there's yesterday's Riverbank Rollick and a whopping 87.9% - now that's the closest I've been to the magic 90% for flippin' ages. My legs ache and the soles of my feet are sore but for 87.9% I'll put up with the pain. It was a pretty good field too, looking at the times from those at the front so I think the percentage stands up to scrutiny - not like the MPs expenses - ssssh, I'm not going there - I'm in a good mood.

Well, I didn't manage a lunchtime run but who cares, with 87.9%, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn...

No comments:

Post a Comment