Sunday, December 06, 2009

Hallelujah

First off, Helen claimed her third consecutive victory in a row in the woman's race, a feat never before achieved - I, on the otherhand, did not.

Well, with the pleasantries out the way, I had a gert ace race. I was 3 minutes quicker than last year and believe it or not, a pb!!! My first pb for - well, I can't remember how long - but we are talking at least two years if not three. Mind you I have only run the race once before and that was last year when I was at my most rubbish. It does at least mean that maybe I have reached my nadir and that I'm finally on the way back up.

We met Pat W and Mike B at the start. Helen beat Pat but not Mike. I beat neither. Still I had a bloody good run, really worked hard and did I mention, beat last years time by three minutes.

I'm a bit knackered know but it's good to know that upping the training a tad is beginning to show through.

And it's stopped raining, here in Snowdonia. For how long? No one knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment