Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Birthday run

With the snow having fallen all around us. Children having played - and one assumes, had fun. It's the season of love and understanding don't you know. Merry Christmas everyone. I've even built a snowman - did I type that out loud? - doh.

Me and Helen headed out into the dark, snowy night for the Longhope two peaks. That's up to Mayhill - snow a foot deep - and then over to Huntley hill - snow not a foot deep.

By the time we got back my head torch had just about given up the ghost. My depth of vision was all of 3 inches. It was enjoyable though and we were out there for an hour and twenty. It wasn't fast going but then it never is when you can't see where you're going.


So there it is. I've turned over another of the pages in life's book and started as I mean to go on - the running bit not the snowman building.

No comments:

Post a Comment