Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Whoa, what just happened?

Have they put something in the water? - oops, better not moot such wild conjecture. Has there been a ripple across the space time continuum? Yes? No? Maybe?

The reason for such speculation is that in times such as these. Hard times, rough times - and in tonights case, wet times - finding my way out the door for 'a' run is testing. Sometimes I do, sadly, other times I do not. Today was an I do day. In fact, it was an I do do day. Yes - hold onto something - I ran twice today. Yes, I did say twice - I'm practically a professional athlete.

At lunch I got out for a solo run up over Dundry in a time a minute quicker than last Thursday's run. I ran steady to the hill. Worked hard on the hill all the way to the top before easing back over the top and downhill back to work. It was a good run.

Then tonight, in the cold and wet evening air - conditions I'd be forgiven for bottling - I hit the track. Sean was late but just as Rick and I were about to start up he popped. He ran five 1km reps off a jogged 200m recovery. I wasn't up to kilometre reps so ran five 500m efforts off a longer recovery, starting each of my reps with Sean on his. Rick ran 200's during Sean reps, while both pacing and timing him - if that makes any sense.

I was pleased with by times of 1:45, 1:41, 1:37, 1:35 and 1:39. It was slippy in flats but I'm not risking the spikes just yet. I've no niggles at the moment but don't want to tempt things. I'm buzzing just a little bit but I'll not get carried away. It's been a good day.

So there it is. One day. Two runs - bargain. I've another Dundry run planned for tomorrow or Friday depending upon whether Martin and I make it back to the office for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment