Friday, November 27, 2009

Over the top

As you might have guessed from the tweets I got out for another Dundry run with Martin. He was a man possessed. From the first road crossing onwards there was no stopping him as he moved steadily out the front door.

I didn't feel too tired before the run but as I tried to reduce the speed at which he pulled away I just ended up getting more and more fatigued. The hill was a struggle - and he claimed he struggled too, but I didn't seem to gain any.

I reached the top to find Martin out of sight. As I ran back down - at least running the anti-clockwise loop it's all downhill from the top - I hit a massive puddle with no option but to pile on through - water to the ankle - doh.

I'm glad I keep getting out there on a lunchtime. It's good to have someone to run with - or on today's performance, run miles behind - but it doesn't seem to be getting any easier. I'm sticking with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment