Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Recovery of sorts

I didn't want to work too hard tonight. It's Oldbury on Sunday and I need to recover and taper. I had a 'moment' last night. A lifting of the fog. I don't want to trundle along any more. I don't want to scrape just under twenty minutes anymore. It's time to make my stand. Draw the line in the sand and get down to it. I can dilly dally no more. Tonight was the start.

I ran three 1km reps tonight off a two minute recovery. My reps were 3:45, 3:40 and 3:37. It felt reasonable. Yes, I worked hard but not on the limit - Oldbury on Sunday remember, what, what.

Over the next few weeks I want to build to six reps off the same two minute recovery. Then the aim is to bring the time down. At the moment 3:40 is well beyond my 5k pace. It's going to be hard work but I need to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment