Friday, August 14, 2009

A story of seven

What a day, oh what a day. With Helen safely on her way to Italy I am in charge of the Seven Hounds of the Apocalypse - yes, we have a few rentals. Not that I'm scared or anything you understand. I can cope [large gulp].

Well first off, I have completed my tax return and filed it online. It took way less time than I thought it would - that's the power of being ultra organised. All facts and figures to hand. Neatly coded on my tax spreadsheet. Ready to fire into the online forms. And the best bit? With my payments on account paid earlier in the year, Mr Tax Ma...Person owes me back some cash - result.

Next up, my shinny new electricity meter has just been installed which means I can get out for some sort of run later rather than waiting in all day - result number two.

And finally, and I don't want to have to admit this, but I have decided I need a key race. A goal to go for in an effort to get out there and train - can't think who's been banging on at me to the fact that I've got no target to go for with my running...

All I have to do now is find a race - and I'm thinking a long one, just to prove I still can. Once I've got that I can sit down and work out a training schedule to fit around work and life in general. The planning starts now...

Good luck to Helen in Italy on her down hill only leg, running for the British team consisting of Angela Mudge (former World mountain running champion) and Claire someone (who is also really good). Fingers crossed it all goes off well.

No comments:

Post a Comment