Sunday, April 26, 2009

Avon lady calling

It has to be said that today wasn't my finest ever set of Avon League stats. Come to think of it. I'm not sure I can recount a worse set of results. I ran, being optimistic, poorly - being pessimistic, well that's to rude to print here.

I suppose it's not actually that suprising seeing as how little training I do these days. Still, I enjoyed the racing part, if not the performance. The joy of the Avon League is that you get runners of all level so it doesn't matter if you're at the front or the back, you still get someone to race.

My 3k was slower than I thought I could run. I was aiming for 10:45, which in itself isn't exactly fast, but my 11:11 was worse than even my low expectation. My 800m wasn't much better. After a 45 minute delay - damn those sprinter's and their 1 million races of different categories - I was almost off the boil for the eight. I set out too quick for my current level of ability, going though the first 400m in 72. There was no place to go but backwards - and to think that I ran quicker than that when I set my pb. I slowed to a final lap 80 for 2:32 and another poor performance. On the upside I still got a buzz from the race itself - especially leading Jerry H and Dave B for most of the first lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment