Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Not going through the pain barrier

I drove over to the Bridge Inn, got out the car and jogged to the race hq. It was at that point I realised I couldn't race tonight. Although my neck isn't stiff any more the tension from running caused too much pain in my neck muscles. I decided to jog the course instead and started at the back of the field.

As the race progressed I moved through the field without ever getting inside 4 minute kilometre pace - now that's slow even by my standards. I finished in 20:30. OK, so that's not exactly a jog for me but easy enough that I didn't get too much tension - and pain - so perhaps I got some training benefit from it.

There is nothing more anoying than sustaining an injury that is not related to running but that stops you training. I don't think I'm going to be able to complete week 5 of the push ups this week, so I shall put that on hold until next week. Ho Hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment