Friday, February 06, 2009

I thought I suffered snow blindness

... but then I realised that the sun had set.

I never made it to Bristol today. I set out at seven but even the main A40 was slippy and from what I could hear on the radio it sounded as though things weren't too good down there either so not fancying a precarious three hour drive, I very carefully inched my way back home - a thirty minute round trip covering all of six miles! It's lucky I can connect into work through 'tinternet so I could at least work from home - on second thoughts, is that actually lucky?

Anyway, I finished working at about half four, put on my long-johns and headed out. I ran over to May Hill and by 'eck the snow were deep there. Back at the house the snow was a few inches but towards the top it was six to twelve and there wasn't much sign of it thawing. Small children - and come to mention it - big children were sledging with gay abandon.

I wasn't quick and it was bloody hard work. All that having to pick your feet a foot offf the ground can't be good. I went up at a snails pace - and didn't come down much quicker on account of it being a bit  - well, you get the picture.

Well, I was out there for close to an hour and a half, and by the time I got back it was pretty much dark - I think I might have mentioned that already. It makes up for not running yesterday and now it's time to hang up the boots, sit on the couch and make like a potato.

EDIT: Oh, and I completed day 3, week 2 of the hundred push up and two hundred sit up plan - back of the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment