Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Going the long way

Welcome back Bruce. Yes, Bruce was back in the fold after a longish layoff through injury. Other than that it was just little old Sean and me with Jerry running solo under the watchful gaze of Dave - everyone knows a Dave. Rick had some business to attend to - he was Up And Running up at his shop in Clifton.

Tonight we ran with Dave B's group - you see, everyone knows a Dave. The session was three sets of 800, 600, 400 with an undetermined recovery somewhere around 60-90s depending on how quick - or in my case, how slow you ran. Sean went well although his youthful exuberance meant he ran the first set too fast and had to slow a little on subsequent ones - he'll learn.

As an aside, Dave T was on coaching duty with the girls - you see, everyone knows a Dave.

Anyway, I ran OK and although not massively quick I wasn't really that slow. My splits were 2:54, 2:07, 77s then 2:48, 2:01, 76s and 2:47, 2:07, 76s which meant that I managed to increase the lap pace as the reps got shorter so that was good.

Right, after one of my longest ever track sessions - 5.4k - I'm off to massage my tightening calves - and boy, are they tightening.

Thought for the day: It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment