Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thinking about it

Well the last couple of days were a no show - I didn't manage to get any training. I'm still struggling to get a routine together. When ever I manage to strap a few days training together it all goes south a day or two later. I have pretty much decided to simply paddle water until the new year and then make a plan and bloody well stick to it. By then I should have stabilised my work, rest and play - well I flaming hope I will have.

Anyway, with the Stroud Half Marathon fast approaching - when I say fast approaching what I really mean is Sunday [gulp]. I feel highly confident of a really terribly slow performance. I'm not sure I will even manage to break 1:30. It's going to be the pits - but I hasten to add, nothing more than I deserve. I have yet to work out my race plan but no doubt it will be along the lines of run as quick as I can for as long as I can and then crawl to the finish.

Right, it's almost time to get back to work and not a minute too soon as my boss - that's GC - has just mumbled something about he hopes he won't make me feel guilty about being a lazy git as he heads out to Ashton Court for a run in the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment