Sunday, September 14, 2008

Shattered

Well that was fun [grimaces to camera] - damn near killed me.

Helen wanted a tempo run. Not wishing to wimp out, being a boy and all, I gave it a go. Total distance was just under 10 Miles with seven at tempo - I don't actually think I managed to get up to tempo pace at all. After two miles we kicked off the tempo part of the run. As the pace increased I - well, I didn't - and Helen drifted out the front door.

I don't think I managed much more than seven minute miling at any point. Neither my legs nor my lungs had it today and I just couldn't go any faster. By the end I was wasted - well, actually by about three miles I was wasted and by four all I wanted to do was go home but I knew the Mad Runner would never admit defeat so I just kept plugging away until the end.

Thought for the day: The path of least resistance is the path of the loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment