Monday, September 29, 2008

Blagdon

We of the engineering department had an away day to Blagdon to discuss much stuff - but during the intermission Graham, Clive and I took off for a short but nice run up to the top. We waved hello to the Mendip Hills and then scuttled off back down the hill from whence we came.

Clive was his jovial self - as always, and I quote, 'if there are any uneven bits I'm heading back' - we were running on the road - nasty, hard going, those roads! Anyway, he survived and considering he is so unfit he managed to run the ascent pretty strongly. 'I guess it must have been a lucky ten minutes', he quipped. (I made that bit up).

So it wasn't the longest run in the history of running but it was nice to get out with my mentor, the man who made me the runner I am today - mind you, I won't be going again if he takes us on such uneven surfaces again - you could do yourself a real mischief on those things called roads...

Thought for the day: Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment