Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's official...

...I followed my race plan to the letter yesterday - I started slow and did indeed fade to a crawl - who says I can't follow a plan?

Oh, and it's official, I didn't come last - although it was a close thing. Having said that, the results aren't out yet but I am reliably informed that someone got lost and came home a good half hour after me. So I guess that makes me second from last but there's a chance I might make the top 30. Mind you, there was only 35 entries!

Oh, and it's official, I never made the golf. I aggravated my old IT band injury yesterday - one of the very few injuries that I've ever sustained. Some expert massage cured that but the groin is still sore so, sadly, the golf had to bite the bullet. Still, it's not all bad, I got to spend the day with the most best fiancee in the world.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that? It's official, Helen and I are now engaged.

Thought for the day: Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment