Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Oh how my heart weeps

...NOT. It looks like this years Bristol Half Marathon isn't quite so popular anymore. As I recall the entries filled very quickly last year but this year they seem to be struggling to fill the race. Could it be that they are finally reaping the rewards of their bad organisation?...

Anyway, onto my training tonight (not that I'm bitter or anything, about the half marathon, I mean - well, maybe just a little). So, how was it you ask? Bloody rubbish. I really have no explanation as to why I was quite so rubbish tonight. We ran with Dave B's group tonight and both Sean and Bruce were running - but they struggled a bit as well. I, on the other hand, was just plain pants.

We ran a three sets of 600m, 400m and 200m 'cept I only managed one proper set. It was during the second of the 600's I dropped out after just 200m because I felt dizzy. The recovery was just too short for me so I decided to cut the session loose and run some solo 400's with a seventy second recovery. Why a seventy second recovery I do not know. I guess it was just the time I got to the start line for the first of my solo's and I just stuck to that for the rest - there certainly wasn't any science to it. It was slow going but I managed five of them but there's not a cat's chance in hell that I'm going to mention my times because that would provide rather a little too much merriment for you all - suffice to say slow was my watchword.

Thought for the day: An apple every eight hours will keep three doctors away.

No comments:

Post a Comment