Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nice chap, that Ben

The weather was really quite decent - for once. I got up nice and early - well, I got up. I plotted the route, programmed the gps and off I went. I had a circular route planned of about 13 miles which, once you actually factor in all the twists and turns, turned out to be a shade over 14. My legs had not really recovered from Thursday's run. They were still painful. Some might say that I shouldn't have gone for such a tough run on impaired legs but I've never been one to do things properly. Anyway, with about 4,500 feet of ascent it sure wasn't easy jog.

By the end I was slightly knackered - alright, I was fair knackered. The final descent from Cairngorm to the car park is about 2,000 feet and boy did that ever jar my quads. I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow. Still it was nice to meet Ben MacDui for the first time.

It really was a thoroughly great run. So scenic - not that I was looking - much. I didn't so much as have my feet in the clouds today as feet in the snow! I even stopped to take a snap of me on the edge of snow field but I can't post it on account of the fact I have the cheesiest grin in the world and look like a complete tit - but I really did have my feet in the snow - in July!

Anyway, I'm off for a nice relaxing forty winks...

Thought for the day: Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment