Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lurchers Crag

or as alternative title, 'Bloody hell that was a long way'

Today was the occasion of my final long run - no, not ever, just for the holiday - so I thought I should make it a long one. And believe me when I say long, I mean loooong. It was the longest I've run for ages. Certainly the longest I've run this year. In all, I covered about 22 miles and ascended around 6,000 feet - practically to a higher plane of existence.

The final ascent to Lurchers Crag was a right bastard. It went on and on. It was one of those you're almost there, no your not, almost, no, al.., no and then finally you just appear at the top and then you're off downward - bloody lurchers - only kidding :)

In addition to being long - not saying anything - it was really rocky and bouldery, making it tough going. All in all it was a good days training and takes my total mileage during the last six days in the mountains to around 65 miles - not bad for a lazy bastard.

Anyway, it's time now to put away my running shoes and relax for the last couple of days of my holiday.

Thought for the day: True purpose has no time limit. True purpose has no deadline.

Ps, well maybe I might dust them off for a short run...

No comments:

Post a Comment