Friday, July 18, 2008

Life in the old dog

Well I wasn't going to post today - but someone cajoled me - I'm glad they did as I should post. So here it is.

I didn't run yesterday or today but I did play some fine fine golf. Ok, the golf wasn't exactly British Open - although with some of the crap being played there, maybe it wasn't so bad. I saved the best till last and put together a respectable twelve over par round to finish - not bad from a fifteen handicapper playing only his fifth round of the year. The weather was pants though. It ripped it down for the first five holes and then the wind howled for the next thirteen but the company was good. And as a wise man once said, it's not the winning it's the taking part - like f#@k is it - I won today - back of the net.

Anyway, after my two run rest days I'll be traveling back down the road tomorrow so it'll likely be another runless day. Sunday is the Kentmere race - but don't worry I'm not running, just supporting - although I do want to run a bit and get some training done. Not sure how long but if I can run about an hour I'll be happy. If I can't I'll still be happy - I'm like that you see, easy come, easy go.

It continues to be exciting times. Lots happening and on top of it all I think I've proven myself fit - maybe not quick - but fit. All I need to do now is test out just how slow I am. The Tintern Trot next Thursday seems like just the ticket. So lets bring it on and see if there isn't some life left in this old dog...

Thought for the day: If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment